Friday, October 23, 2009

In Between

I'm somewhere in between having useful ideas and forcing myself to write.

I am thinking that I must have something in common with early humans. With all humans for that matter. The common thing is thought. Thought in the sense I wrote about earlier. Not particular thoughts and not thought in general. But thought in the sense of that aspect of existence that is like subjective experience. Everyone has thoughts that go unexpressed. It is the general experience of these thoughts that I am referring to. But I want to emphasize that this experience, or this thing, is not just similar between one person and another. I am saying that it is the same exact thing, in the sense that there is only one of these things, so they must all be the same one. Because the unexpressed does exist, it is impossible to distinguish one experiencer's unexpressed thoughts from another experiencer's unexpressed thoughts. This is not the same thing as the inexpressible, but the inexpressible must be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment