Monday, October 12, 2009

To Dissolve Questions

A lot of thought is questions. Questions don't require answers, but questions can "have" answers. My thought tends to treat questions as if they require answers. But since it is so easy for me to produce questions, my thought tends to consist of a lot of "requirements". I think this produces a feeling of insecurity when I don't realize it is happening; I don't answer most of the questions I ask myself. I now try to think about my thoughts in this manner so that I don't end up stressing myself out not having answers to my own questions. I notice when I'm asking myself a question, essentially telling myself "That is a question." Immediately it's obvious that the last thought is one of categorizing one's own thoughts. So it's clear that in some sense, my thinking has changed from a kind of uncontrolled demand to provide answers, to a more matter-of-fact attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment